Here is an image I posted last week, but this time, after manipulating it in Photoshop Elements:
What I did:
- Adjusted the perspective to remove most of the “tilting” of the block wall and the houses in the background.
- Removed the palm tree in the background.
- Changed the texture of the image using the Watercolor filter. (Click on the image to enlarge it and see more of the “watercolor” effect.)
- Brightened the overall image.
- Deepened the color saturation.
- Added posterized edges.
I like this version much more than the original, despite the original being more “photo-realistic”, this version does a much better job conveying what I was trying to depict in my image.