(The House Rules)
1. If you intend to comment on an article you must use a personal, non-commercial URL or leave the URL field blank. Your URL should help us get to know who YOU are. Commercial URLs are unwelcome, give us no information about you, and are considered a form of Spam called Comment Spam.
2. You must use either your real name or nickname when registering or commenting. Absolutely no “keyword” type names will be tolerated. If it even looks suspicious action will be taken.
3. Absolutely no paid comments are allowed. If you collected a single penny to leave comments you are unwelcome here. If we figure it out 100% of your comments will be marked as Spam and deleted with impunity. We don’t care who you are or how quality the comments are. It’s unethical so don’t do it.
4. If we get the feeling that someone is leaving a bunch of comments just to try to drive up the numbers we will take immediate action ranging from deleting posts to banning. It only takes about 10 seconds to remove people permanently from showing up on this list, so please don’t abuse the privilege or all your time and energy will have been wasted.
5. You may not post any SPAM, links to Spam, Phishing sites, or other harmful content here. Bad Karma will come your way – plus we will report every bit of data the server logs maintain on you to the proper (and possibly improper) authorities.
6. No harsh, foul, demeaning or overly critical language or ad-hominem attacks directed at any post authors or post commenters are allowed. Disagreement and debate are perfectly fine, but let’s keep things civil.
7. We pre-moderate the comments of a commenter the first time they post comments, so please bear with us if it takes a bit of time for your first comments to appear. All subsequent comments, after the first time may be subject to moderation at any time after they have been published on the site.
8. If you find that your comment has not been published to the site within 24 hours, we may just be taking life easy (please feel free to familiarize yourself with our work ethic here: Indefatigable Indolence ), or your comment may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and we will do our best to resolve the issue. Please keep in mind, we are a moderated site and reserve the right to refuse to publish any given comment.
9. By submitting a comment here, you grant this site a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/website in attribution.
10. The content displayed on BFD Blog, including the selection, arrangement, and design (“Content”) is the property of BFD Blog or its licensors, and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The Content may be used only for your personal and non-commercial use and may not be edited or modified for any purpose. You may re-publish reasonable, extracted fractional samples of the posts that we publish here on your own blog, subject to the Fair Use doctrine. If you wish to re-publish, on any form of media, any substantial portion of one of our postings, or one of our postings in its entirety, you must contact us for permission first at email@example.com .
11. We encourage links, trackbacks and pingbacks and strive to do the same when we have been educated, inspired or entertained by others’ content that we come across in the blogging community.
Finally, please help one another, feel free to seek assistance, and generally treat others as you would wish to be treated.
Copyright © 2005-2010 Wayne E. Frost, all rights reserved.